SGSearch is a frontend to the
grep commands allowing respectively to search for file names or file content. It is meant to be a companion to file managers like Thunar (extension is provided) and works over GVFS.
This software is governed by the CeCILL license under French law, compatible with the GPL (General Public License).
- Select root lookup folder and enter file name (wildcards allowed) and some words (if searching for file content), then press search button.
- Double-click on a file to open it with its default application, or right-click to get more options.
From the command line
SGSearch can be parameterized from the command line, allowing integration with Thunar or XFCE WhiskerMenu plugin for example.
Root lookup folder setup:
sh sgsearch /path/to/lookup/folder
Search initialisation (auto-start):
sh sgsearch [/path/to/lookup/folder] *name*parts* sgsearch [/path/to/lookup/folder] "/some content" sgsearch [/path/to/lookup/folder] *name*parts* "/some content"
My other projects
- Live-System: unintrusive live DVD / USB / NFS build and install tool written for Arch, Debian / Ubuntu and Slackware64 Linux
- GCryFolder / Thunar Encryption Plugin: encrypted folder integration into file managers, with Thunar extension
- GReadyMedia: GTK frontend to setup a ReadyMedia (formerly MiniDLNA) UPnp service
- WebMinifier: minimalist C command line utility to minify HTML & CSS files, without any dependency